Identifying When A Sink Nees To Be Repaired
Most of the time, you will know when your sink needs to be repaired. Sometimes it’s as obvious as a leaky seal or malfunctioning garbage disposal. However, the repercussions for failing to notice certain problems with your sink can be painful. When a sink begins to leak into the cabinets underneath, water damage can quickly accumulate, causing rot, mold, and ongoing damage. So, at the first sign of a broken or damaged sink, call the pros at My Handyman of Dover, Portsmouth, and Rochester for reliable sink repair services.
How To Know When It's Time To Replace Your Sink
There is no set rule that tells you when you need to replace your sink. Most of the time, it’s up to you. However, you don’t want your sink to outlive its functional lifespan. If installed properly, sinks can last decades, but they don’t always last that long. If you need repeated repairs, then the sink installation service costs may be a wise investment. Some of the reasons that homeowners replace their kitchen and bathroom sinks include:
- Leaks – Old and worn-out sinks eventually start to leak. Sometimes the leaks come from pipes, cracks, or damaged seals. If your sink is leaking, it might be a sign that it’s time for an upgrade.
- Stains – When you scrub and scrub, but a discolored spot won’t budge, you’ve got a stained sink. Stains can be caused by many things, like rust and mineral deposits. To prevent your sink from becoming an embarrassing eyesore, you’ll need to replace it.
- Remodeling – When remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, you can’t forget about your sink. We will help you select and install a sink that complements the aesthetic design of your newly remodeled space. We can even help you with your whole remodel, installing new countertops, cabinets, and other kitchen features.
- Functionality – If your existing sink doesn’t meet your needs, you have options. We can install a sink with a deeper bowl or a sink with special features, like garbage disposals, sprayers, and water dispensers.
What To Think About When Installing A Kitchen Sink
The process may seem overwhelming if you have never installed a new sink in your home, but My Handyman of Dover, Portsmouth, and Rochester makes it exciting and easy to understand. When you embark on the journey to replace your old sink, the planning is half the fun. From the materials you choose to the features we install, you have a lot of choices to make. Some of the things to consider when installing a new kitchen sink include the following:
- Materials – Sinks come in many different materials, including porcelain, stainless steel, ceramic over metal, natural stone, glass, and more. Many materials come in different styles, colors, and finishes.
- Mounting Style – Sinks can be mounted in many styles, such as under-mount, drop-in, flush-mount, pedestal, farmhouse, vessel mount, and wall mount. Some mounting styles may require more extensive remodeling, but we will help you understand your options.
- Features – Modern sinks come with many advanced features, like a number of compartments, uniquely sized compartments, garbage disposals, special faucets, sprayers, and water filters.
Enough Experience To Work On Any Sink In Your Home
Our sink installation and repair specialists have an average of 10 years of experience working in the field, which means that they can perform bathroom sink installation and kitchen sink installation services. Each sink in your house will have a different configuration, but that’s no problem for our experts. We can even help you replace specialized sinks in areas of your home, like the basement, garage, and laundry room.
Schedule A Sink Repair Or Installation Appointment Today!
With more than 25 years in business, My Handyman of Dover, Portsmouth, and Rochester has earned a reputation for cultivating worry-free experiences for homeowners. We have a commitment to old-fashioned, friendly, and reliable services. The workmanship on our sink repair and installation services is backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise™. If our work on your sink wasn’t done right, just let us know within a year of the job, and we’ll make it right. Schedule your sink repair or installation service appointment now!