Psst: My Handyman can help you check some – or all the items off your list!
Although it feels like we were just in this very same place not long ago – thinking forward to the new year and all its possibilities – we’re back again, and it’s time to think about our goals and plans for 2021. Since many of our plans likely were put on hold in 2020, you may find you have an extra long list of things you want to accomplish in the new year.
For most, having a long to-do list can be overwhelming, making it even more appealing to sweep everything under the rug. However, many home improvement projects are necessary for more than just improving aesthetics. Getting things done around the house can make it a more comfortable and safer place to spend time with your loved ones.
Common Honey-Do List Projects
Has your Honey-do list gotten out of control? No one’s judging you; we all get busy sometimes. Plus, this year has made it difficult for many of us to find the motivation to take care of the little things. Trust us when we say, you’re not the only one! Here are some of the most common interior projects we hear people talking about doing this time of year…but somehow, they just keep getting pushed aside.
- Install Shelving. Remember when you were going to get uber-organized, and all you needed to get started were those shelves installed? … How’s that going for you?
- Hang Window Treatments. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could sleep in past sunrise? It’s probably time to get those blinds or shades installed. Plus, it’s a great way to freshen up the look of your room, and with the new year around the corner, who doesn’t want that?
- Grout Tile Floor. How old is that linoleum, anyway? Tile can be a tedious project, but it is worth the look and the quality when it’s done.
- Repair Kitchen Drywall. Remember when your kids were wrestling, and one of them put his elbow through the drywall? While we’re sure the hole in your wall brings back fond memories, it might be time to finally get it fixed.
- Install Smoke Detectors. This is a more serious one. It’s important to that your smoke detectors are installed and working properly to keep everyone in your home safe. Get this one done, ASAP.
- Paint Living Room. Wouldn’t it be great to start the new year off with a fresh new coat of paint? There’s just something fun and fulfilling about switching up the color of a room, or repainting it. So, what are you waiting for?
- Caulk Around Tub. This is important to protect the floor around your tub from water damage. Don’t wait too long to cross this one off your list, or you may have some bigger items to add to your list (like, replace the bathroom floor).
- Install Crown Molding. This is an easy one to put off, but we promise, the room will look so much better once you’ve got this taken care of.
- Install Backsplash. Again, this one is easy to keep putting on the back burner but is also a simple way to freshen up the look in your kitchen.
- Hang Mirror in Hallway. What’s that mirror doing in your hallway…on the floor? Oh, right, you were going to get to hanging that someday…How’s that going for you?
- Replace Weatherstripping. Better late than never! The cold weather is here, but it’s not going anywhere for a bit, so now is as good a time as ever to check this off your list.
Let Us Help You Shorten Your List
Do you have any of these items on your Honey-Do list? If so, My Handyman of Dover, Portsmouth, and Rochester can help. Whether you need help with one or two items, or all of the above, our technicians are here to help you cross off as many items on your list as your heart desires.
Contact us today and turn your Honey-Do list into a Done list.