As Ann Arbor homeowners begin the shift to outdoor home improvement projects as the weather gets warmer, you may be planning to repair your deck. But while DIY deck repair may seem like an easy and inexpensive fix, it’s important to consider all the benefits of having a professional complete any work that needs to be done.
In this blog post, My Handyman of Ann Arbor, Saline, and Chelsea will walk you through the common deck repairs that need to be done and why it is always best to enlist a professional before tackling these projects. We'll even share how our local handyman company can make the entire process easy so you can worry less about the details and enjoy your beautiful deck sooner.
Deck Repairs Are Common After Winter
Deck repairs are a common occurrence after the winter season. Cold temperatures, snow, and ice can all cause damage to a deck's structural support beams, railings, posts, stairs, and boards.
These damages can range from minor warping or splintering to more serious issues such as rot and mold, weakening the deck’s integrity and creating unsafe conditions during use. From minor fixes to complete refurbishments, some of the most frequent deck repairs include:
- Replacing warped, splintered, rotting, or moldy boards
- Strengthening or replacing support beams and railings
- Reconstructing stairs
- Sealing and staining the deck to protect it from further damage
- Fixing any gaps in the boards
- Replacing any missing screws or nails
Regardless of the damage your deck has taken, even the smallest repair will help prolong the life of your deck while also ensuring it is safe for use throughout the year.
Why You Should Choose a Professional for Your Ann Arbor Deck Repair
While a do-it-yourself deck repair may seem like a good idea, there are many reasons why this is not the best choice. Here's why choosing a professional to restore your deck is always the better choice:
- Professionals have the expertise and experience to correctly assess the damage, make necessary repairs, and keep you, your family, and your friends safe.
- Professionals are knowledgeable in deck repair and any local building codes and regulations that must be followed during the service.
- Professionals already have the right tools for the job, ensuring your deck is repaired properly, and you won’t have to spend extra time or money gathering supplies.
- Professionals ensure high-quality results and a more durable fix that will last for years, often backed by some workmanship guarantee.
- Professionals can also advise you on preventative maintenance techniques to keep your deck in top shape, so damage doesn't repeat itself in the future.
Above all, hiring a professional for your deck repair is far more convenient than trying to handle it yourself, especially if you're learning on the fly or need the tools for the job.
Choose a Handyman Over a General Contractor or Deck Company
So, who should you hire? While you may want to search for an Ann Arbor deck repair company or settle for a general contractor, the truth is that hiring a local handyman is the best bet for a fast, reliable, and cost-effective repair.
Doing so will help you take advantage of professional deck repairs without worrying about the typical complications of hiring a contractor or deck company (which may have been turning you to DIY work in the first place).
When you hire a handyman, you'll benefit from:
- Cheaper Repairs – With a handyman, you'll be able to get your deck repaired at a fraction of the cost compared to larger companies.
- Shorter Wait Times – Handymen tend to have fewer clients and are able to complete tasks much more quickly than larger companies.
- No Unwanted Services – With a handyman, you'll only receive the services you need and none of the dreaded upsells.
And don't choose any handyman, either. If you're in Ann Arbor, Saline, Chelsea, or surrounding areas, choose My Handyman! Our highly trained and certified handymen are the perfect choice for homeowners who want their decks repaired without the trouble.
My Handyman of Ann Arbor, Saline, and Chelsea is Here for Your Ann Arbor Deck Repair
Apart from getting your deck fixed quickly and correctly, there are numerous advantages to hiring a handyman rather than attempting DIY repairs or enlisting the services of a deck repair business or other Ann Arbor contractor.
At My Handyman, we understand that your deck is an essential part of your outdoor living space. That's why we pride ourselves on providing the best Ann Arbor deck repair services, ensuring the entire process is as convenient and hassle-free as possible.
Our locally trusted handyman professionals specialize in repairing decks and offer leading warranties that ensure your project will be completed quickly, safely, and cost-effectively.
So why wait? Contact us today to get started on your Ann Arbor deck repair with our handyman services!